When you use Salsicciamo, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust and your data safe. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
Data Controller & Contact Us
The data controller for the information you provide or that we collect is Delectance Ltd, trading as C.Carnevale Limited (“Carnevale“, ”Salsicciamo”, “we“, “our” or “us“). We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06543631 and whose registered office is at 107 Blundell Street, London N7 9BN.
We operate the Website www.salsicciamo.com
The Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us.
- You may give us information about you when you set up an account on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, using our online contact form or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create a user account on our site, update your user account on our site, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we Use your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- Only to collect personal information where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. For example, we will ask for your name, email, billing address, delivery address and telephone number when you register with us;
- To review the products you buy on our website to enable us to give you information about products and services that you may be interested in;
- To keep a record of your emails to us to assist in our management of your account with us.
- To communicate with you (see section on Contacting You);
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Our main legal basis for collecting and using your personal information as described above is to perform our contract with you, i.e. to make sure you get your order when you want it.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer and used by us each time you visit our website. Cookies are used by the vast majority of websites to provide convenience features that save you time.
- Make our shopping basket and checkout pages work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Recognise you when you revisit our website if you haven’t previously logged out (by storing your password and username in an encrypted format) and thus to continue shopping without logging in again while keeping the contents from your previous visit in your shopping basket
- Allow you to ‘Like’ or share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Count the number of unique and return visitors who use our website
- Allow Google Analytics to track, on an anonymous basis, how people have reached our website (e.g. from a search engine), which allows us to make our marketing more efficient and put more money into developing our services
- Collect any personally identifiable or sensitive information (unless you have expressly provided us that information, e.g. as part of creating an account, placing an order or submitting a contact form)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Retrieve any personal information about you from your computer
- Track your use of the Internet on websites that are not our own
All web browsers allow you to switch cookies off by adjusting browser settings to stop them from accepting cookies. Learn how to do this here.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group at this time or in the future, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Payment gateways and other payment processors
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into, either with them or with you
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Salsicciamo or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not knowingly sell or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties, other than under the scenarios described in this section. That is our promise to you.
Where we Store your Personal Information
In order help us meet our contractual obligation to deliver orders to you, your delivery information may be shared and stored with external courier services and other delivery partners.
For email marketing purposes, we store email addresses and subscription preferences with both Privy and Mailchimp (our current email marketing providers).
To enable our operations team to collate orders on a daily basis, send out our own overnight orders to our suppliers, put together delivery routes, and capture internal financial data for our own profitability calculations, we also store your information in a secure database outside.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Data Retention & Storage
We will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, e.g. while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We will contact you via email when you have placed an order with us to confirm your order. We will also notify you via email when your order is out for delivery. In some cases, we will outsource the notification to our delivery partners. This can be the courier service we are using to deliver a parcel to you.
We may occasionally need to contact you to enable us to fulfil your order correctly, for example, if an item you have ordered is unavailable or if your delivery day needs to be changed. We will normally try to reach you by telephone or email.
We will not send you any marketing messages without your explicit consent. You can choose your marketing preferences on the checkout pages every time you place an order with us. You can also update or change your preferences by contacting our office or unsubscribing from any marketing email directly. We will always honour your updated preferences.
Security is important to us and we understand that when making payments online you need to have confidence in the website you are transacting through. We have highly secure facilities and processes to put your mind at ease.
We will never have access to any of your card details. At no time will any card details be stored on our website’s servers. At no time will we ask you to save your credit card details with us.
We process all payments through both Shopify and Stripe, an established online payment gateway that is certified to the highest security standards (PCI Level 1 Service Provider). You can confirm their certification in Visa’s Registry of Service Providers.
Salsicciamo payment pages use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), i.e. our payment pages begin with “https” and not “http”. SSL does two main things: (1) encrypt data being transmitted and (2) verify that our browser is talking to the right payment gateway servers to minimise middle-man interception risk.
As part of the checkout process we undertake the following checks to prevent fraudulent use of cards:
- CVC check (card verification code) – The CVV is a 3 or 4 digit number on either the front or the back of a card This check verifies that the customer has entered the correct code as shown on the card, a good indicator that they have the card physically present in their hands when making the order. Card companies forbid the storage of CVV codes, so if a credit card is stolen online it would not be useable.
- Address Verification System (AVS) – AVS compares the numeric portion of the customer’s billing address and postcode to the information on file with the card issuer. This check is also a useful indicator for determining whether the payment is being made by the genuine cardholder.
- Country of card issue – This check looks at the IP address of the computer from where the order was made and compares the country of the buyer’s billing address to the country the buyer placed the order from. This is used as an additional check and there’s no fixed rule on rejection/acceptance since an order could be placed from abroad if, for example, a person is travelling.
Your Rights, Data Access & GDPR
Beginning on 25 May 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights.
GDPR builds upon existing data protection acts by requiring, amongst other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You also have the right to see what is held about you, correct any inaccuracies, and request for your data to be deleted and not processed anymore.
As a Delicatezza user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to our handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact us or make changes directly to your account.
- Explanation and copies of your data: You have the right to request an explanation of the information that we have about you and how we use that information. You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that we collect about you if collected on the basis of consent or because we require the information to provide the services that you request.
- Correction: If we have information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that your information is deleted permanently as long as there is no legal basis for holding that data for a longer period.
- Marketing Consent: You have the right to withdraw your marketing consent at any time. You can choose your marketing preferences on the checkout pages every time you place an order with us. You can also update or change your preferences by contacting our office or unsubscribing from any marketing email directly.
- Objections & Complaints: You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.